Papercraft Digital Samples

 This week's assignment was to create a model and unfold it and its components into flat templates so it could be made into a paper object. I decided to make a cassette player/boombox because most things I find personal arent necessarily physical (music, for example) or would be very difficult to make in Rhino. I also chose it because, in the 80s Transformers cartoon, my favourite character Soundwave turns into this object, Transformers has been an interest of mine for the majority of my life and it has influenced me in many ways. 


In this image, the forms and their unfolded versions are next to each other.
- The front portion with its openings
- The body of the boombox
- Buttons and Dials
- 3 Inner portions of the front
- Slanted part of the front
- The handle



In these two images, there are the forms by themselves, and the unfolded versions of the forms by themselves. To show how the object itself might be constructed and to show them more clearly. 


& Finally, these images show how the object would look while constructed, looking at it now I think there are a few things I might adjust or add, and there are a few details I think I will add in as flat surfaces rather than 3D ones, but overall I am pleased with how it has come out.




Comments