Hybrid Project

 For this project I was partnered with Dora and Jessica to create a hybrid of several models we created independently, this hybrid would then be 3D printed. 


Individual Creations.

These objects were my creations, overall I like how they turned out, and I enjoyed messing around with some new commands.


Next are Jessica's designs, I really enjoy the simplicity and variety in these objects, as they offered both stability and gave a lot to work with!



& Finally, there are Dora's designs, I really like the use of shape and the variety, they also give a lot to work with, and are very stable as well as fluid!


Brainstorming

Next was the steps in the project in which the ideas for the hybrids design, Jessica was the person who had actually done the sketches for this stage and they are incredibly well done and show a lot of good ideas using the provided models! The models are labelled by number/order of appearance to show how they would fit together.

Here are the examples;







All of these ideas were very good and creative in my opinion, we ended up deciding to use the second object, as it was both stable and exciting, so we figured there would be no issue when printing the object. 

Next, the hybrid model was created in Rhino.





Everything looked to be very well, and when emulated looked like there would be no issue, but unfortunately, there was an error when the object was printing that caused the top of the object to be misplaced (likely a machine error or something of the like). But luckily, as of right now I have gotten the second version and it has printed perfectly.

Error Model


Good Model




Overall I had a great time doing this project and found it very fun!

Comments