Mesh Refinement

 


Following my classmate's critiques of the 10 objects made in tinkercad, I decided to refine my 'toothbrush'. Overall it was considered an effective design by the people I spoke with and I enjoy the concept of it as well, so I decided to go further with it. A suggestion that was made was to put holes or hair in the teeth to make it more unsettling. I thought this was an excellent idea and added cavities as well as some discolouration to the teeth, I also added some texture to the brush itself to really push the uncomfortable feel of the piece. 








Having mashed together to previously existing objects, this object is a remix and thus a product of remix culture. I've found the process of exploring mashups/remix very fun and I'm glad creating such things are encouraged by others online. In this object I wanted to create something easy to imagine in use, and disconcerting, the juxtaposition of a hairbrush and human teeth does this very effectively in my opinion. 



Original Thingiverse objects below:




https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1485531
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4696883

Comments